Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thomas is 5 months old today

Thomas is 5 months old. I can’t believe it. When people tell you to cherish this time because it goes by fast they were right. It feels like yesterday that I just welcomed him to this world. He is a pretty amazing little boy! Lately he has been rolling over to get to places. He is like a little worm on his stomach, I would give it another month and he should be close to crawling (Lord help us), I believe we will have a climber on our hands. He is also sitting up pretty good on his own. Every once in awhile he gets tired and needs a little support. He also loves to suck on my chin, pull and eat my hair (and no, I will not be cutting it). I love his laugh, all of sudden you will just hear him break out into laughter and start screaming, a fun scream though! He starting to look a lot more like his father, but he was blessed with my gorgeous brown eyes!


Dustin is still being a good daddy and staying at home with Thomas during the day. Every once in awhile he goes to the babysitter. We really don’t want to start the full time babysitter thing until he is one. I’m not big on my Son spending 8-10 hours of his day with a complete stranger. I have to say I have a great husband who is willing to sacrifice his sleep to do this. I can see the great bond it has created between them, Thomas loves his daddy and watches his every move.

I’m finally down to my pre pregnancy weight, fitting into my size 2’s….thank the Lord. Never thought I would make it. I’m so glad I didn’t get rid of any of my clothes, I almost gave them to my sister. I still try and do 200 crunches a night and Thomas is making a great bench press. I have to say I’m very lucky that my body adjusted back so quickly. After gaining 50 pounds I never thought I would be back to my original size.



Other than that we are looking forward to Thomas' first Christmas and spending time with family and friends. God Bless.

2 comments:

SuZ said...

Yes, watch out! They grow sooo fast, next thing you'll know he'll be two and ruling the world.

Melanie said...

Even your face looks thinner...but his is getting chunkier...is he hiding something in those cheeks?